After a couple of weeks of cooler weather (which were preceded by some unseasonably warm days), it appears as though spring is truly here to stay. Changes are in the air, both figuratively and literally around here, and so, “seasons” are on my mind this mild Monday.
- Kyle started a new rotation today, and it is likely to be a doosey schedule-wise. After getting his schedule today, he texted me to say that I should probably stock up on root beer, referencing the early days of our marriage when he worked an awful schedule at the hospital and I coped with popcorn and root beer floats (and sometimes apple slices if I was feel especially health-conscious) most nights for my solo dinner. Bon Appetit! Anyone want a dinner guest in April?
- Gardening is on my mind. And while I’m absolutely certain I do not have time this year, I’m forging ahead anyway – though trying to be a bit more realistic than in years past. I’m just going to do vegetables in our small beds in the yard and leave our larger community garden plot as a cutting garden. Any flower advice is appreciated – this is essentially my maiden voyage with cutting flowers!
- While I try very hard to be grateful to those labor unionists who went before and lobbied for the 40-hour work week, I often find myself feeling like my day job significantly impedes my life. (I say this sort of tongue-and-cheek, as I’m really grateful to have my job, but I also have so.much. I like to do with my time, particularly as the days get longer and the weather #tellmeI’mnottheonlyone
- A very happy Holy Week to you. Yesterday, Kyle and I were discussing Maundy Thursday and Good Friday plans (traditions he didn’t grow up with), and he was slightly aghast at all the potential events, services, masses, one could occupy themselves with in the days before Easter. My response: “Some people would go to the beach, but we spent half of our spring breaks in church!” Amen.
- Things are moving along nicely with lark handmade (the store component here). I’ve been busy creating inventory, and preparing to list it, and Sarah and I have a meeting this week. I’m excited! Stay tuned …
Hoping this season finds you well!