I’m trying real hard to reign in my (literal) puppy love over here, because a) I know not all people are dog lovers (I was one of those people a week ago, to be honest) and b) this isn’t a doggy blog (I’m guessing there are plenty of those out on the internets for you to read), BUT. I JUST GOT A PUPPY LAST WEEK PEOPLE, so I am going to dedicate this week’s installment of musings to him, because I’ve been spending A LOT of time thinking about this adorable guy the last few days.
So, humor me, wouldja?
- He’s a labradoodle. But since we got him from the Humane Society, we don’t know which parent was which and what size they were, so the vet said that Phil could grow to be anywhere between 45 and 70 pounds. So, basically, we have no idea what the future looks like.
- The crate training is steadily improving. I thought the first night listening to him cry for 8 whole minutes was the worst, but I’ve realized that it’s actually getting harder to listen to him whimper each night because I love him more. Fortunately, I think he’s starting to learn, and has been quieting down sooner.
- There have been a number of indoor accidents, but I think Phil is definitely understanding how this system works and is getting the hang of the whole “elimination” thing, ahem.
- This puppy has more friends than I do. Likely. The political field organizer who stopped by this weekend was so distracted by Phil’s cuteness that I thought he was going to hyperventilate. Anytime any one of the multitude of neighbor kids walks, bikes, or skateboards by when I’m out in the yard with Phil, I’ll inevitably hear a “oh cuuuute!” and “PUPPY!!” And 90 percent of the passersby on our walks want to stop and stroke his adorable fur and his ego. It’s kind of fabulous.
- Basically, Phil is the best dog in the whole wide world times infinity. He’s affectionate and docile and adorable and super intelligent.
Okay. I’m done. Thanks for hanging in there with me. 🙂
Happy Leap Day!
Oh what’s that you say? You wanted one more picture of this adorableness? Oh, all right ….