It’s TUESDAY, but we’re musing anyway! (You’re used to that by now, right?)
1) I shouldn’t be surprised, but I’m definitely done with this fickle April weather we’ve been having. I’m not complaining, because this was a kinder winter than most around here, but I can’t help but think of spring-like weather when I hear “April.” And that hasn’t quite been the case with the snow and all….
2) I’m feeling back in the swing of things regarding the store (both online and in the brick and mortar at which I consign). An uptick in orders (and new babies!) has kept my sewing machine humming, which is always a good sign.
3) Our garden has been consuming more of my thoughts as of late. I haven’t started any seeds this year like I’ve done in the past, so it looks like I will be investing in more seedlings. This is consistent with my garden mantra, which is “whatever I’m feeling” and “go with what works.”
4) I’ve been on a bit of an organizing kick as of late (call it my version of spring cleaning). After three and a half years in our current place, I decided that it’s high time to get rid of the copy paper boxes that our Tupperware is still being stored in (inside a kitchen cabinet) and figure out a more user-friendly option. Our baking pans, cookie sheets, and cutting boards have been living fairly unharmoniously in one heap inside of another cupboard, so I’ve decided to purchase some inside-the-cupboard organizers to remedy that chaos. This of course, caused me to give our dry goods storage a once-over and add more shelf organizing contraptions to my shopping list. (Because if you give a mouse a cookie ….)
5) I went for a 1.5 mile run for the first time in a number of weeks last week and it felt delightful. I’m hoping for some more pleasant weather (and motivation) to get back into a running rhythm, because all systems function more optimally when there is some regular runs thrown in.
6) I have a new Netflix obsession that I’m slightly embarrassed to admit, but this is a safe place (because I’ve declared it to be one and I own this domain, y’all) so I’m just going to tell you that if you need me I’ll be in Bluebell, Alabama watching a little Hart of Dixie. This mild, family friendly, no-dealing-with-weighty-global-issues-whatsoever show is just what I like to wind down at the end of the day. And, with Rachel Bilson as the star, it meets my perpetually unfulfilled O.C.* need because I miss those dear friends that show so much!
Wishing you a happy start to your April!
* One day, when we know each other better, I’ll confess my former obsession with The O.C. that reached pathetic and desparate heights in the fall of 2009….