Happy Valentine’s Day, y’all! I know some think this holiday is overrated, if in fact you consider it a holiday at all, but I love any opportunity to reflect on love – in all of its manifestations. When living in Mexico, I was struck that Valentine’s Day was referred to as, “El Dia del Amor y la Amistad” – The Day of Love and Friendship. Perfect! Not just romantic love, but friendship love too!
So, in that spirit, five loves of mine as of late:
- The sunshine we’ve had lately. And the FIFTY DEGREE weather on the horizon. Climate change stinks. Sunshine and 50s in February does not.
- Current work schedule. If ever you’re bored and care to listen to someone to speak in a run-on sentence for no less than 60 minutes, do give me a call because I would be happy to wax on about how the transition back to work has gone wonderfully, and it’s proving to be an excellent balance of time in the office and time at home, and how the schedule is motivating to set priorities, and how glad I am that Kyle gets extended time with our son while I’m at work, and how I like my colleagues, and my boss, and my healthcare benefits, and our childcare provider, and when I look at my weekly calendar, I have so much peace because it seems like the perfect amount of all of these different facets of life and I’m just so unbelievably grateful.
- My boys. All three of them: husband, baby, puppy. (I hope it doesn’t sound patronizing to refer to my husband as a “boy.” He doesn’t mind – and I like being able to refer to these three loves with one word. And “boys” rolls off the tongue a lot easier than “males.”)
- The public library. I just got notice that six (!) books that I’ve requested are now available. So, I’m frantically trying to finish up my current novel so that I can dive into the next one. I’m also trying to be strategic about when I actually check them out and the availability of renewals in planning for an upcoming vacation wherein my only hopes are to lay in the sun and read.
- Our newish oil diffuser. (Kyle bought me this one.) It’s simple, it’s cute, and it provides a little bit of fresh aroma to this stale air inside the house in the dead of winter.
Wishing you so much LOVE today!