It’s been a while since this alliteration has hit the blog, so I thought I’d change that.
- A certain tiny human has been waking up at some very EARLY hours the last few weeks, I think mostly on account of a few teeth that are making their debut. I was sharing this with my boss as I was yawning during a (casual!) meeting recently, and he reminisced how when his kids were young and would do that, he would just stay awake – not mess with the, “oh I could snag another 30 minutes of sleep” thing at 5 in the morning, but just consider it the official start to the day. So, I took his advice and did so a few mornings last week, and I’ve got to tell you – I like it. Especially since the days are longer, I’ve taken advantage of the early morning daylight to get some runs in and it feel really good. Which caused me to reflect on my entire life and realize that of all the things on my list of regrets, Getting Up Too Early has not been one of them.
- Speaking of running, now that the 5K is over, I’m trying to figure my next fitness plan. I hope to keep up the running, but I like having something to work towards to keep me motivated. I think a half marathon is a bit too much of a training time commitment for me right now, but I’d like some type of an end goal. Open to suggestions here!
- We’re out of town for our annual family vacay and I’m just delighted. And, per the usual, I’m mulling over goals-expectations-hopes-dreams for the week. I’m trying to remind myself to be in the moment (even the tiring moments of a 10-hour drive) and just relax and be grateful that I’m with some of my favorite people and experiencing a change of scenery.
- The one downside of the timing of our vacation, is that it’s usually right smack in the middle of when our gardens are bursting. Namely, when the tomatoes are just starting to peak. Grateful for some generous friends and neighbors who are watering the gardens while we’re gone and hoping for the best when we return!
- I played volleyball last week (Kyle and I joined a sand league with some friends), and I’m still. so. sore. But it was a lot of fun and felt great to play … and reminisce about how many YEARS of my little old life I’ve spent serving, passing, setting, ….. (notice how I didn’t mention hitting or blocking?). In typical Kyle style, he purchased a volleyball and brought it along this week, so we can “train” – we’ll see how that goes.
Cheers to you and your week ahead!