Oh hello there, Monday, you’re looking bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Or is that me? Some things I’m pondering whilst I ease into this week …
- I finally conquered my mending! (Well, if that didn’t sound like a line straight outta an Elizabethan historical fiction novel then I don’t know what would.) I’ve had a handful of cloth napkins in there awaiting some simple sewing love along with a pair of sweatpants and a bath towel. My basket is now empty, those items are back in use, and I’m feeling quite productive.
- I realize that this is old news, but please tell me that you saw the eclipse! I regrettably didn’t make the trek to path of totality, but was amazed by even the partial eclipse here. It was surprisingly more amazing than I thought it would be, and I was a bit sad that I was alone (working from home) that day, because I wanted to share what felt like a significant moment with others. But, it was fun hearing others’ viewing stories after the fact, and seeing posts on Instagram. And I did share a bit of the excitement with my dog groomer when I went to pick Phil up and he (the groomer, not Phil) borrowed my eclipse glasses to go take a peek. Apparently, the next total solar eclipse to be visible from the continental U.S. is in 2024, and I’m already planning a family road trip to go see it.
- In the chronic quest to eat more veggies and in light of an abundance of green beans from my garden, I’ve taken to blanching the beans before munching on them raw. Much tastier than fully raw green beans and quicker and easier than full-fledged cooked green beans (with butter and salt, please). Fun tip I learned from my in-laws and thought I’d ensure is memorialized here on the internet for future generations to come.
- I have a 10-month-old. As of today. And I’m doing just great thank you for asking and I love it and I’m not sad one bit at how fast time is flying and I don’t see what all the fuss is about with babies growing too fast because things are JUST FINE over here and my heart isn’t breaking and those are just allergies so you can stop making such a big deal about it.
- This fall-like weather we’ve been having for weeks is simultaneously great and sad. I’m definitely not ready for summer to be over quite yet, but those cool breezes are kind of luxurious. I wore a fleece on a walk yesterday and could have sworn it was October!
Wishing a hopeful and gentle start to your week, friends!