I’ll be real, last week ended on a stressful note, the weather is still bitterly cold, and it’s Monday (Hola! Me llamo Captain Obvious!), so I am really tempted to offer you a list of all that is wrong in my own little world and the universe at large. But, I know that won’t really help the cause, and pity parties are so overrated. And, since love is in the air (or at least on the shelves of grocery stores by way of candy hearts and red and pink M&M’s), I thought I’d share a list of things I’ve been loving lately. A more positive way to kick this week off, no?
[Insert heart eye emojis for good visual effect.]
- This coffee vessel. I had been seeing the YETI brand around my office for a while, and didn’t think much of it, because I am immensely satisfied with my HydroFlask. But! My brother-in-law gave me a YETI for Christmas and I couldn’t be more in love. I still use my Hydroflask for situations when I want a spill-proof coffee thermos (ie: I’m throwing it in my bag and rushing out to catch the bus to work) because Hydroflask offers a variety of interchangeable lids, some of which are spill-proof. However, I really prefer the sip lid on the YETI, and this thing works. My coffee is steaming warm for at least the couple of hours it typically takes me to drink it when I’m commuting to work and at the office.
- This nail polish. My mom and I got pedicures when she was visiting recently and in some ways a pedicure in February in Minnesota is the definition of “wasted money.” OR! It could be the definition of “small, but wise investments that are going to get me through the winter gloom.” (I’m defining it as the latter, in case you’re curious.) My feet appreciated the freshening up and every time I look down at my bare toes – which is admittedly infrequent these cold days – I smile a little at the adorable color!
- This cinnamon roll recipe. I think this is the first time I’ve attempted homemade cinnamon rolls (I’m considering declaring 2018 “The Year of the Yeast Dough,” but that might be a bit premature.), and this recipe is a keeper! I followed it exactly (and didn’t add the optional raisins or nuts), and froze it after rolling and cutting them into rolls. I then simply pulled them out of the freezer the night before I wanted to bake them; let them thaw/rise overnight and baked them as instructed. So good! (And pictured above, if that’s not abundantly obvious already.)
- This mascara. I’m laughing that I’m sharing a makeup recommendation, because that seems extremely outside my wheelhouse, but! In some ways, perhaps I am a mascara expert, because 75% of the time, it’s the only makeup I wear. I stumbled across this brand and while deciding if I was going to purchase it, a fellow shopper gushed about it and all but forced me to buy it. I have to say, Overly-friendly Stranger In The Store for the win! (The brush is the weirdest shape, but it does the job.)
- This album. Which obviously my husband purchased. Obviously in vinyl. To obviously properly prepare us for the Super Bowl Halftime Show and subsequent Tonight Show performance. And obviously, it’s good, people. I wasn’t an *NSYNC fan (my loyalty was with the Backstreet Boys), but I’m most definitely a JT fan.
- My camera. (Did I mention what kind I have?) It’s a Nikon. There are some numbers and letters behind the name, but I don’t know what they mean because I’m new at this DSLR thing. However, even after just just one photography class, I am feeling ever so slightly more comfortable with some of the settings on my camera, and am sure that this will be a long-lasting, loving relationship between the two of us.
Wishing you a week full of many things you love!
*This post may contain affiliate links.