Near-perfect weekend weather over here, folks, and it was just what the doctor ordered. Phil and I spent the majority of the weekend outside, and he has all the leaf-stick-dirt-seed tidbits in his fur to prove it.
- My garden is 75% planted – and arugula, radishes, spinach, and lettuce are already sprouting! Looking forward to getting in the last of it this week – mostly tomato and pepper seedlings, and a few more flowers to fill things in around the yard.
- I got my first (only? Hopefully only!) sunburn of the season yesterday on account of a lovely bike ride around the lakes. Usually, SPF 30 and I are besties, but I cheated on her and left her in the dark (of the medicine cabinet) yesterday, and I’m living with the consequences (and shame) today.
- Kyle recently got me this new cookbook and I.love.it. From my extensive skimming – it seems to have a ton of delicious, comfort-food type recipes that are lightened up a little and/or replaced with whole ingredients. (Don’t worry – there are some plain old unhealthy recipes in there too.) I made the Better Than Ina’s Roast Chicken a couple of days ago I think it has officially become my go-to chicken recipe. It was easy – and delicious! And I’m quite the Ina Garten fan, so this is saying a lot.
- Hit up my first garage sales of the season on Saturday. Oh, how I love this time of year! I went with a fellow garage sale loving friend and we were a force to be reckoned with: printed out map with highlighted items; an app of sale sites; the slow drive by to determine if a sale was worth our time; willingness to turn down less than stellar deals; all with two lattes and a baby in hand! I scored some great deals and spent a whopping $12. #success.
- I picked up my remaining inventory from A Little ReFind, as they have officially closed. It’s sad, but I’m very excited for the next opportunity – with an official announcement coming soon! (Sorry for the tease.) For now: a little calm before the storm (aka: time to bulk up my inventory).
Wishing you a fabulous week!