Recovering this ottoman has been on my to-do list for quite sometime.
A thrift store find a few years ago, it’s proven useful in various rooms in the house, but I’ve never been a fan of the upholstery. I’ve debated simply giving it away as the stuffing inside has become a bit lop-sided, but the thrifty part of me won out when I found some fabric on sale.
I’m in love with this herringbone fabric.
So, a Saturday morning slipcover it is! These instructions proved just as easy as they said they would be. (Sewing in straight lines is my kind of sewing.)
This project took me a total of three hours, I think. Though, it’s hard to say, as I took some all-important coffee breaks throughout. Overall, a worthwhile investment of time, I’d say!
MUCH better than the muted, argyle-like, floral fabric that had an odd velour-like sheen in certain lighting. Besides, “navy and white herringbone” is much less of a mouthful to describe!